【发帖赢大奖】职场创业理财:分享一下我HSBC面试的问题和自己写的答案吧希望可以帮到大家

Please describe a time when you came up with and implemented an idea for improving something. Why did you think it needed improving? What gave you the idea? How did you implement it? What was the result?

From my past employment experience, when I was as an Assistant Manager for “Petit Bateau Ltd.” the international boutique, I introduced and implemented a Departmental Communication Log. This was aimed to improve departmental communication between the manager and the staff. The idea for the introduction of the communication log was that, at the time, I perceived that the manager and the employees were not able to communicate effectively. Information and instructions were not delivered to the relevant parties as it should of. The communication log that I devised included not only the incidents that should be documented, but also the follow-up proceedings that needed to be applied.

I first presented the idea to my manager at the time she complained that there was a lack of communication within our department. She was delighted with my scheme and authorised me to establish the communication log within our department. I also explained to all my colleagues that everyone in our department have access to this log and can record any events that occur. After a couple of months, we witnessed a significant improvement in our communication in both directions; onwards and downwards. I requested feedback from the staff and they reported that they found the log to be beneficial and that it had increased their productivity. Even after I leaving the company, they have continued to use the communication log.

Please describe a time when you utilized the strengths of different individuals to achieve a team task or objective. How was the team identified? How did you make the most of their strengths? What was your role in achieving the task? What did you learn from this experience?

During my MSc. degree at Warwick University, I performed a team based project management task. This was a beneficial experience that provided me an opportunity to discover numerous things. The team was identified and composed by the course tutor as he wanted all students to experience working with different people on a project. I was selected as a team leader by the course tutor, and it was a challenge for me as I had to lead a team that I have not yet worked with. In order to make the most of my team member’s strengths, I had to first identify each member’s strengths. This was determined through the first couple of group meetings we had. By observing all members I was able to identify their strengths. Once accomplished, it was more straightforward to delegate the most appropriate tasks to the group members accordingly. As the team leader, I was also open to suggestion and recommendations so that we could attain the best results. Additionally, I adopted a very flexible approach and a willingness to listen to my team.

What I have learnt from my experience is that it was essential to structure the tasks before allocating it out to the team members and to listen and to provide instructions when advice is sought. By monitoring each individual, I was able to comprehend each of their strengths and weaknesses, therefore delegating the most suitable tasks to the most suitable team member so that the best results could be accomplished.

Please explain your understanding of the HSBC international management program (250 words)
What skills or experience do you have that would make you successful? What challenges would you anticipate for yourself if you become an international manager?

My employment in the service industry has provided me the experience to meet and exceed each customer’s service expectations. I acquired invaluable experiences from the five years managing shifts at a McDonald’s Restaurant and the two years assisting in managing an international up-market boutique, “Petit Bateau.” I found this work fascinating and particularly enjoyed the customer-facing aspect of the work. It has assisted me to understand that acquiring and maintaining loyalty, and spreading the “word of mouth” through these loyal customers are the most crucial elements in every business. Positioning a company for better exposure and greater marketability is a task that I have performed with success persistently.

I am interested in HSBC’s International Programme because the company’s value and vision focuses on building stable, and enduring customer relationships, where I believe I would contribute to this. Additionally, there are the future challenges that one would face where, for example, an International Manager would work in different countries, and have to adapt themselves into different cultures and work harmoniously with people of different cultural backgrounds. I have demonstrated this skill at university where I was project manager for an assignment supervising peers of different backgrounds. Also, during my employment with Petit Bateau, I liaised and reported successfully to the French senior management, on a regular basis. My ambition is to build on the skills I already possess and to develop myself into a management role where I believe I would get the support to do this at HSBC.

[b]楼主的帖子符合【发帖赢大奖】活动的标准哦。
http://bbs.powerapple.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2403042

北京时间每周六中午会抽一次奖,发出Amazon 的giftcard~~
每4周的活动后,会揭晓神秘大奖:nexus 7 pad

欢迎楼主参加活动,也可以通过多发不同主题来参与活动,增加抽奖机会。

该活动要持续到14年初,每周抽奖一次,抽取的是2周内的原创帖子。
每4周抽一次大奖。抽取的是1个月内的原创帖子。
有意义的回复也可以参与抽奖哦,欢迎楼主也去这个帖子:
http://bbs.powerapple.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2400151
[/b]

谢谢分享~么~

很好的面经,值得借鉴!