脱欧自有人接盘:软银320亿美元收购ARM

公投前我就说过了,掌握核心技术怕个屁脱欧
5年内ARM雇员数量计划翻倍
http://www.wsj.com/articles/softbank-agrees-to-buy-arm-holdings-for-more-than-32-billion-1468808434
溢价43%收购的,目测软银十年内无法盈利,但一旦盈利就能成为其主要支柱。

潮水退去,方知谁是中流砥柱,逆市上涨。英国还好有罗罗,ARM,捷豹这些老底子撑着。再留在欧盟,这些老底子都得被败光。
我个人是从来不care什么伦敦金融中心地位的。钱只认得钱,钱只会往有挣钱机会的地方跑。
国家的硬实力强了,金融中心赶都赶不走(譬如顶着不同意识形态起家的上海)。相反,国家的这些中流砥柱败光了,再怎么挽留金融中心地位都没用,譬如里斯本,譬如香港。

所以我不太担心脱欧的未来的,真逼急了把航发这些往中国一卖,美国人第一个坐不住。

十年以后苹果都倒闭了,还指望Arm,这日本老头子真逗……

据市场估算,目前智能手机里采用ARM架构的处理器比例可能达到99%。《每日经济新闻》记者在ARM“2015年战略报告”中发现,去年ARM的芯片在“移动计算”领域的市占率为85%。

华为三星什么的,全都用它家的架构,向它交专利费的。人家从来不指着苹果活着。

孙正义好歹混了这么多年,雅虎阿里盛大战绩在前,可以说是互联网领域投资第一人,目前。
置评人家还是要言之有物。

未来智能家电,可是要一个家电塞一块芯片的。

And you think selling off British businesses is the answer…

@I0101270

The economic model and its structure of China differ massively from those of Britain.

I had the pleasure to witness some of the high profile Chinese tech firms’ roadshows a few years back. Their aims were pure and simple - fundraising via diversification with the encouragement from the Chinese government in a bid to venture overseas, build awareness and improve R&D. Although with massive underlying problems the move was nonetheless considered mutually beneficial for the firms and investors alike at the time (but do check how some of these firm concluded their overseas listings in recent years). Although not identical, some of the title transfers had the similar logics behind them.

The same can’t be said for ARM, or any flagship British enterprises, regrettably.

As you have mentioned in the original post, the ‘core technology’ in a few industries is what could be argued as one of the remaining strengths of this country. And it is exactly what tech buyers around the world are going after. With a title transfer, it would be hard to imagine that the new owners would keep the lab exclusively in the UK. It’s not a charitable course after all.

In my humble opinion, the acquisition of ARM is a trade off of its intangible assets (such as R&D and market share) for what could be a short term capital injection.

Wherever there’s a transaction there is an assumed equation.
However defying our mathematics, these equations warrant neither equality nor balance.

I admire your optimism nevertheless.

卖了阿里巴巴买arm,very clever move for softbank。

The price SoftBank paid is only 70 times annual earnings, this is much better than a lot of high tech companies.

I don’t think you really understand why a lot of financial services need the EU single market access.

Typical briexter lol (refer to op)

哈哈,可惜日本老头子不知道英国人上班是怎么干活的,被忽悠了:lol

你了解 arm?你了解科技行业?你了解孙正义先生?你还是面开尊口吧,呵呵。

我认为,会有counter offer 出来, 这点钱对中国企业都不是啥,才2千亿人民币

还有个可能,英国政府不同意

别乱喷了。还不是因为Brexit,英镑贬值,所以外国买家进来收购。在这么折腾下去,英国还有什么高科技产业?

英镑贬日元升,softbank一下子省了28%。

已经agreed,以前intel想买去关掉,出再多钱arm都不卖。

昨天bbc采访founder,那个老教授说it’s a sad day for me, for ARM, and for high tech in UK.
It’s the ONLY major UK high technology company dominating worldwide market.It’ll be up to Japanese to decide the future technology,
May前几天还说不能让卖制药公司,这会儿态度就不同了。
她的解释是,因为软银答应double employee number in UK for the next 5 years

笑话。

ARM营收绝大部分是来自全球的美元收入。
英镑汇率高低对它一点影响都没有。

你如何得出是因为脱欧,才导致ARM被出售的结论?

再则,脱欧之前很早,ARM就在谈出售了。
紫光想买被美国否了,intel想买被英国自己否了。
出售这个想法,早已有之。

阿里巴巴也是被软银控股的。但你不能以此说阿里巴巴是日本公司了吧(虽然某些爱国主义的时候也这么算)?
如果按股权的算的话,百度是美国公司,全中国就没几家自己的公司了,没有互联网产业了。
这结论是明显不对的。

所以就此说英国就此失去芯片产业的地位,是不正确的。

这两个当然不能相提并论。
阿里巴巴是创业的时候软银投了钱,而且给钱的前提条件就是给与马云100%掌控,完全不涉足公司经营。
这个是全资收购。

开玩笑

ARM的霸主地位在于ARM指令集在手机和嵌入式系统的广泛引用。技术上Intel也能做出低功耗的处理器, ARM占优势是市场的原因。现在指令集卖给人家了,当然就是把市场和领先优势拱手相让。不懂就不要喷了。我就是这个领域的。

连英国行内人都郁闷的事情,不知道你这个外行有什么好兴奋的

呵呵,那请教“业内人士”两点。

(1)为何公投前很久就频繁传出ARM谈收购的事,紫光英特尔之流。虽然没谈成,但一个无意愿出售的公司不可能这样频繁传出消息来的。难道那时候就不再乎所谓领先优势了?

(2)把领先优势拱手相让,你指的是什么?ARM对intel不再有领先优势?
好吧,那么孙正义背上如此高的负债,豪赌一个失去领先优势的ARM,他是白痴吗?