英国永久居民女人驅逐出英國,儘管結婚到英國27年

A 52-year-old Singaporean has been deported to Singapore after losing her legal battle to stay in Britain with her British husband of 27 years.

The BBC reported on Monday (Feb 27) that grandmother Irene Clennell was put in a van and taken to the airport on Saturday (Feb 25).

Mrs Clennell, who has two sons, aged 27 and 25, and a granddaughter, had been held in a Scottish detention centre for apparently flouting immigration rules.

A Home Office spokesman told BBC: “All applications for leave to remain in the UK are considered on their individual merits and in line with the immigration rules. We expect those with no legal right to remain in the country to leave.”

Mrs Clennell was detained on Jan 20, after a routine appointment at an immigration reporting centre in Middlesbrough, and has been held at the Dungavel Detention Centre in South Lanarkshire since the start of February.

ST_20170212_JNDEPORT12FZPM_2935907.jpg
Mrs Irene Clennell and her husband John in a photo taken last year, after finding out that she was to be deported to Singapore. She is fighting to be allowed to remain in Britain with her family.
Related Story
Singaporean grandmother fighting deportation from Britain

Her immigration battle, which has made headlines in Britain, has gone on for more than two decades. She was granted an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) - which is typically given to foreign spouses of British citizens - when she married Mr John Clennell in 1990, after they met in a London pub. The ILR allows a person to stay in Britain without time restrictions.

In 1992, she moved back to Singapore with her husband. She stayed here as her mother was sick. When her mother died in 1999, she found that her ILR had lapsed as a clause in it says she cannot live outside Britain for more than two years. Her husband and their sons returned to Britain in 1998.

Her numerous applications for another ILR have been rejected. Her plight has been highlighted by British non-governmental organisation Migrant Voices, and a campaign is being started to bring her back to Britain, BBC said.

Mrs Clennell had previously told The Straits Times that she had sought legal aid to fight her case. Her husband’s sister also started a fund-raising page for her legal fees.

She told The Straits Times: “Here, I have my husband and my sons. But they want to send me back and I have nothing in Singapore.”
3DC3C1C400000578-4263960-image-a-70_1488202896107.jpg

违法违规的 没啥好说的

rules are rules

没毛病。她的永久居民不是早就失效了嘛。
标题应该改为‘’曾经拿过英国永久居民‘’,不然与内容不符。

我记得看新闻,说是她在回国照顾爸妈,呆的时间太长了。。然后就被取消永居了。。

其实也真是郁闷。

虽然可怜。但是活该。唉

好像说她现在拿的是旅游签证,而且也已经过期了。
新加坡人大概出个国蛮容易的,对签证什么的大概不大上心吧?不像中国人出个国审查来审查去的毕竟不是件容易事,因此身处国外都知道”人在屋檐下”的道理。要是换了我之前签证被取消过,肯定紧张,早想着怎么解决了,何至于拖那么多年啊。

比较奇怪的是为啥后来再重新申请PR一直拒? 还有为什么不可以再申请配偶签证呢?好奇怪

拿配偶签证不就得了,为什么非要再搞IRL

入境后转配偶签证被拒并遣返拒绝的理由是英国丈夫收入不到每年18600英镑.

入境后转配偶签证被拒并遣返拒绝的理由英国丈夫收入不到每年18600英镑

这爷爷挣不到18600 in South Lanarkshire

过去任何一段连续十年在英居住都可以用来申请永居啊

可以申请人权特许

18600这个政策才实行几年而已, 她在2000初 ,那个时候配偶签证还是2年拿PR,没有收入要求的。据说是4次都是重复申请PR,才被拒。

她之所以不入籍是因为新加坡有公房,入了就失去了!这种想两头吃的爱占便宜的货,遣送活该!