和大家分享一下CITI IBD 申请(面试/AC)经验

今年申请了5家IB… 这是第一个有RESPONSE的… 也是今年的第一个AC, 校内上的考神苹果上的大仙神马的都眷顾我吧~~ 我早上还在很郁闷地睡觉… 居然就接到电话通知OFFER了

我去年和今年都申请了INTERNSHIP, 去年主要申请的是BO 的FINANCE, 今年都申的FO的IBD(M&A, CORPORATE FINANCE这块的)
申请和准备面试的时候也看了网上很多有用的东西… 和大家分享下经验吧… 希望能对申IBD或者最近要面试的其他人有帮助哦~~~
有的东西我不太会用中文表达额…就用英文的吧… 大家别BS我就好了…

从申请到给OFFER大概的流程是
You submit online application - HR review ur application against their minimum requirements - online numerical test if passed HR screening - application reviewed by senior bank in business if passed online test - the team select candidates for interview - 1st round interview - Assessment Center(AC) if passed 1st round.

1st round interview:
It’s not telephone interview. This consists of 2 interviews at their office and 1 numerical test to check your integrity.

Interview 1: is about motivation+competency. About you and Citi. For example, why you, why citi, why ibd, something on your CV. Competencies they are looking for are teamwork, leadership, success, mistake. He also asked basic valuation stuff.
Interview 2: competency - based interview. It should be a competency based interview. But after my 2nd question, the interviewer started asking very technical questions.So what question you’ll get all depends on the interviewer, your own background and luck.
Numerical test: Same as online test, not shl or psl. They use Talent q, which is similar to Gmat, where your score doesn’t depend on the no of correct answer alone, but also depend on the level of difficulty. Basically, first few questions are very simple, and if you are right, you 'll be answering more difficult question.
I totally don’t understand the last few questions but still get passed. So I guess it’s very important to do good on the first few questions.

Assessment Center: 3 interviews + presentation and a written report based on case study

3 interviews are all 30 min 1 on 1 interview.
Interview 1: is about market knowledge/current affair.
1 of the senior bank will discuss current affairs with you and challenge on whatever you say. For IBD, you dont necessarily need to know what’s the index/prices today, but you should be able to talk about the current fairs, recent deals that interests you, why it interests you, what’s the impact on Citi and its clients. So it’s very important to keep track on what’s going on in the market.

Interview 2: is all about teamwork. Different situations in a team.

Interview 3: some other competencies, i.e. decision-making, problem-solving, taking initiatives, under-pressured, etc.

Presentation + Written report:
You have 1.5 hours to prepare for the presentation and write the report based on a Case study. The time is quite limited.
The written report will be assessed.
The presentation is 10 minutes, followed by a 10 min Q&A. Very simple part.

That’s all in AC.

I think I screwed up on case study( didnt write many stuff and even didnt cover the last question), but since they still offer me a place and give very positive feedback, I guess probably they don’t expect too much on you.

They will go back to you very quickly if you’re successful.

That’s all my experiences. Hope it helps.Good luck!

能给点glossary吗

什么是 AC

什么是 IBD

什么是 BO

请问楼主是full time的工作还是intern?薪水是多少呢?

nice one!

额… 不知道这样解释对不对哦…

AC=ASSESSMENT CENTER 一般GRADUATE RECRUITING 最后一轮都是AC AC一般包括3-4个INTERVIEW, 1个PRESENTATION BASED ON A CASE, 有的有GROUP DISCUSSION, 有的没有
IBD=INVESTMENT BANKING DIVISION. 是投行里的一个部门的名字~ 主要帮政府, 企业,机构客户做M&A, DEBT/EQUITY CAPITAL MARKET ADVISORY之类的吧~
BO=BACK OFFICE 就是投行里面的后台部分, 主要负责SUPPORT, IBD 和 SALES & TRADING 吧~~ 一般BO包括 OPERATIONS, FINANCE, TECHNOLOGY, COMPLIANCE什么的…

我申请的是INTERN…

谢谢斑竹加分哦~~~ :cn08:

那必须鼓励一下,要是有鸭脖子也一起给了{:5_142:}

本来我昨天就想买鸭脖子的, 结果忘了…
今天BF也去伦敦… 但是昨天晚上太晚了 就没订了…:cn03:
刚刚才想起来… 那我下次吃吧~~~ :cn08:

Best of luck. IBD are recruiting a lot of people now, your chance looks good

解释的很清楚,谢谢

:cn08:

問題是銀行能否給你提供簽證,這才是至關重要的

谢谢牛牛GG…

我看了你置顶的那个经验贴也学习了很多的… :cn08: 祝你工作顺利呀~~

恩~ 不过英国这边的投行都要提供签证的吧… 还没听HR说他们受到了IMMIGRATION CAP的限制什么的~~

不错啊,继续努力,欢迎加入伦敦金融大军。。不过周末你就别指望了,正常的话每天8点的。。

不过,好处就是,大把的GBP…

EN… 谢谢GG… 还要向你们学习…

不过我发现我遇到的FEMALE SENIOR BANKER 都是那种看上去特年轻, 皮肤特好的… 我看到他们的时候都以为最多是ANALYST LEVEL的… 结果一问, 都MD了…:cn14: 而且是从ANALYST做起, 不是后来跳槽过来的…

你说她们每天熬夜神马的, 之后又出差神马的… 为什么还能保养得这么好呢? 我怀疑是不是GBP没时间没地方花, 全都拿去打那个40万还是100万的长生不老针了呀?

不错不错

wow. 大牛。

是internship还是全职的?

btw, AC以后多久接到offer电话的

我也申请的citi,前2周做了Barcap的AC,下星期3BoAML的AC,再下星期UBS AC,然后Jp Morgan AC,祝MM好运,btw,为啥你都AC了,我Citi的first round 还没下来啊,泪奔!!!!!

这么多AC呀~~ 加油吧!

你申的是FULL TIME的吧~~ ? 我申的是INTERN… 2个的招聘应该是分开进行的~~

别着急吧… 你这么多AC了… 也不用等CITI了…