苏格兰和英格兰高中比较

虽然小孩还没到入学年龄 但是未雨绸缪嘛 想和大家讨论讨论英格兰和苏格兰高中教育质量的问题 到底是哪个好

苏格兰(Highers/ Advanced Highers)和英格兰(As / A-levels)的教育考试系统不一样 所以很难比较 下面是个人的一些看法方法 抛砖引玉
http://www.scis.org.uk/assets/Uploads/Facts-Figures/SCIS-2017-Post-marking-Review-results-1.pdf
上面的link是苏格兰2017私校成绩情况 拿比较好的Albyn School来说考试科目 Highers/ Advanced Highers 拿到A的百分比是 58.16%. i.e. {(44+19+190)/(107+54+274)}.

拿Bristol最好的Badminton School来说2017年拿到A*/A的百分比是61% (https://www.badmintonschool.co.uk/userfiles/badmintonmvc/Documents/Sixth%20Form/Exam%20Results%202014%20-%202017.pdf)

所以个人觉得这两个私校成绩上是差不多的 但是和kingston upon thames那些好学校比还是有差距的 比如说Tiffin Girls, A*/A的百分比是74% (http://www.tiffingirls.kingston.sch.uk/getattachment/eb0d3ef8-c72b-4736-8e5f-f4a123883def/Exam_results_2017.aspx)

但是听说kingston upon thames考上好的Grammar School很难并且补习成风 不想孩子没有童年压力太大 本人现在在苏格兰 觉得这里还是比较适合孩子的成长 好的自然风光 很多户外活动 苏格兰人很和蔼很包容很热情 不像英格兰那么拥挤 所以很纠结要不要给孩子创造机会去英格兰比较好的高中读书

这个是苏格兰公立高中 供大家参考 (http://www.heraldscotland.com/resources/files/74059)

苏格兰的私立高中肯定要比公立好的 但是还没有找到私立和公立在一起的排名 如果大家有这方面的信息还请分享

苏格兰公立中学没有需要考试入学的grammar school,拿没有入学考试挑学生的公立中学和有入学考试挑学生的私立中学比较没有任何意义,所以苏格兰公立私立一起排名的排名榜不可能存在,就算存在排名里的前面肯定都是私校。

苏格兰最大优势是上大学没有学费,爱丁堡大学也是世界名校。

在英格兰有grammar school地区的中国孩子考grammar school基本都考上。人生充满竞争充满压力,让孩子早点接受竞争环境也可能不是坏事,其实很多情况是家长不能handle压力让孩子stressed了,和中国的学校比,英国学校的压力还是小多了。

龙哥,那个dartford grammar school男的,还有Bexley grammar school 今年什么时候报名,参加10月份的考试?小孩现在5年级。学校

最好是到学校和council网站都确认一下。

Dartford grammar school
Open Morning:Tuesday 26th June 2018
考试是和整个Kent地区一样的
http://www.dartfordgrammarschool.org.uk/KeyInformation/Y7-Admissions/
往年考试9月初,报名好像已经开始,报名截止是7月初,所以最晚6月要行动了。

Bexley grammar school
Bexley council的考试去年是9月初,估计报名马上就要开始了。

最好是到学校和council网站都确认一下。

那英格兰读高中到时考苏格兰大学,规避大学学费有可操作性吗?
Anyway,我大的都才year 1,等她考大学时都不知道又是什么政策了。

很简单,上大学之前搬到苏格兰居住三年。

Independent school in Scotland is way better than state school, you don’t need to take any entry exam for state school in Scotland, they take on pupil by catchment area, and all top independent school has entry exam for all levels to get in to school.

In comparison between Scotland and England, I personally feel that Scotland has way LESS resources and advantage over England.

1. less competition between independent school due to the number of school available, schools do not have encouragement to improve both academic side and infrastructure side.
  2. inter independent school competition both for sports and academic is much less than in England
    3.Teacher: Scotland always face the problem of shortage on teaching staffs, it is lucky you find a teach for your school nevertheless to get the best into the school.
  3. Scholarship - some of independent school don’t have scholarship available.

My boy is currently at Year 4 primary at an independent school in Scotland and we are even considering to move to England for secondary school. (some of other parents have the same thought ).

我也在苏格兰啊 在这里好开心啊

上个星期去了趟英格兰考察学校 去了Guildford Kingston, Bristol 和 Cheltenham. 可能苏格兰呆惯了 感觉英格兰那边很拥挤 人很杂 Guildford和Cheltenham 还算可以 但是Bristol 和Kingston 很破败 个人感觉学校成绩固然重要 但孩子的生长环境也非常重要 决定不去英格兰了 儿孙自有儿孙福 莫为儿孙做马牛

考查一个地区除了购物街上转,应该也去居民区转转。看kingston的话,可以看看Kingston hill靠近richmond park那一片,还可以看看North Kingston靠近河边那一片。

龙哥 都去了 在tiffin girls还有Latchmere school附近的居民区都转了 有些个别街道确实不错 但是没几步到了主街感觉主街还是比较乱 之前这里有人说Kingston是new China town还比较差异 这回去了真信了 在有条街 第一家敞着门 一看屋里贴着对联 再走几步一个中国老大爷抱着孙女在院子里 拐到另一条街看见有个中国老大爷在扫院子 并且伦敦上班要一天至少2个小时花在路上 住朋友那 他们得每天晚上9点多才能吃上饭 我们还是老实在苏格兰呆着了 哈哈

This is something really hard to balance.

For living standard there’s no doubt Scotland is way much better than other part of UK. i.e property size value for money, air/water quality

Folks are much lay back here in Scotland hence they don’t have to fight for most of things , nice and harmony environment. There are still at least 60% people I know in our city still don’t lock their door nowadays.

However the resources on education( same for medical care) in Scotland is very poor. My son is in Albyn which you mentioned, I would say for any achievement kids had 70% came from parents, 30% came from school. In their school it’s only handful of people go to top Universities.

I have friends who moved to London wanted to move back, but again some others really liked there. 6 and 7 , you never know.

For me, either way, move or not, I would see us in the future to have something to regret on.

Haha,

Totally share your view.
Both my husband’s company and my company has office in London. So we sometime work inbetween, to compare life when we are in London VS Aberdeen

Aberdeen: 7:30 wake up. 8:00 school/work (10 minutes drive to school/work) 8:30 at work. 16:30 finish work. 17:00 home. homework time, play time and nice home made meal. Gym after little one goes to bed.

London: 6:00 wake up.6:30 leave 8:30 ish at work depend on the day how busy is the tube. 18:30-19:00 leave work ( as nobody leaves before that time). 20:30 at apartment . takeaway food, and no energy to do anything.

Even tho, we still considering to move by weighing the pros and cons (to personal circumstance ) At the end of day it’s down to money, if I could afford a 3M house near to work/school and afford a nanny , I would move to London with no hesitation.

If I can afford 3m and a nanny . I will get a castle live next to jkrowling

笑话了 tony blair golden brown 都是苏格兰学出来的
龙生龙 凤生凤 老鼠的孩子会打洞。这是个拼爹的时代(不光是钱还有基因) 不是拼孩子的年代 。 我看牛津毕业的爹妈拿工资吃饭的孩子照样拿工资 爹妈发工资的孩子发工资

大学里看的多了 同样大学出来的 给同学家打工的多了。同样中学出来的 给同学擦皮鞋的多了 。
父母要努力做到孩子不上学也饿不死就及格了

看到一外国妈妈孩子不幸自闭症给欺负的在家家教 妈妈开发廊养家 很给力

想一想卡梅隆的孩子都死了 觉得活着好就好了

你为啥觉得苏格兰这边医疗不行 水平不行?
Albyn 一年能有几个能上好大学的 有上牛剑的吗?

好唏嘘!只能在苏格兰找到不错的工作的,反而从英格兰搬苏格兰了。。。