Can I pay the fee from company account?

Hi sorry about typing in English as I am currently in office and the PC does not support Chinese character input. I have obtained PR status back in 2011, and I have decided to take up the UK citizenship. The reason I need to have the UK citizenship is mainly to do with my business development. I have a company and now I will travel more in Europe and in USA.

I am filling in the AN form now, and was wondering that it is a lot of money for the fee (£1005 + £80), would it be ok to pay out of company account rather my personal account?? Has anyone who has faced similar situation? Was it appropriate to record the fee as a company expense for the director in the company annual return? Mine is due end of this month.

Thank you for your help~:)

Another related question is that on the AN form there is a question on all absence from UK in the past 5 years. I lost my previous passport and only got a new one this year January. In the past 5 years, I only went back to China 3-4 times. I can still get the dates from the emails about my online bookings, but I do not have the old stamps in the new passport. Does this affect the application? I guess it wont, but I wonder did anyone have similar problems in the past?? How did it go??
Thank you~~

cant think of any reason why not. lots of companies do pay for their employee’s visa and legal fees as it is essential for business, it shoud be the same for directors,too.

yeh? I think my rational was also that I have seen lots of companies pay for the visa applications for their staff. I just wanted to be sure that this is not an accounting fraud…:stuck_out_tongue:

Check the guidline of payment section.
Should be ok to pay with a company credit card or cheuque.
However, claiming company expense on the application has nothing to Home Office but HMRC, so the op should consult an accountant rather than an immigration adviisor in this case.

Nope. Or HMRC would chase you like zombies.

这个问题该问会计,我的会计说不可能。
以后回中国的签证费用可以报公费就是了。
反正就是那一千几百镑而已,一次性的,为了省20% corporate tax,被Hmrc盯上 我就没有这个勇气啦。

Personal account. No doubt

so you have already consulted with your accountant ? I do not have an accountant at the moment, thats why I am posting the question here. But I will ask other business owners on Monday and see what they will say. Cheers.

牛,入籍费,你还光明正大的去避税

if sole trader, business account, will be classified as drawings, not a expenses. ltd company will be ? BIK