这10个俗语都不知道,你学的可能是假英语

英文中的俗语表达就像是我们中文中的成语,但是英文中的俗语绝大多数情况下都是用在口语中,而如果我们能在口语交流中用上地道的俗语效果会达到事半功倍的效果!今天为大家梳理10个口语中非常高频的俗语,一定要学会哦!

  1. Piece of cake. 轻而易举的事;举手之劳

The exam was a piece of cake.

考试非常简单。

  1. Costs an arm and a leg. 价格高昂;付出过高的代价

The purse costs an arm and a leg. I can’t afford it.

这个包太贵了,我买不起。

  1. Break a leg! 祝你好运!(用于祝愿演员演出成功)

I texted him “Break a leg!” before his performance.

演出前,我给他发了“祝你好运”的短信。

  1. Hit the books. 用功学习,准备功课

I can’t go out tonight. I need to hit the books.

我今晚不能出门,我得做功课。

  1. Let the cat out of the bag. 泄露秘密

I was trying to keep the party a secret, but David went and let the cat out of the bag.

我尽力守住要办聚会的这个秘密,可是大卫去说漏嘴了。

  1. Hit the nail on the head. 说到点子上,一针见血

I think Mick hit the nail on the head when he said that what’s lacking in this company is a feeling of confidence.

米克说这家公司缺乏的是一种自信,我认为他说到点子上了。

  1. When pigs fly. 绝不可能 You will get Taylor Swift to ask you on a date when pigs fly!

泰勒斯威夫特永远也不能和你约会。

  1. Judge a book by its cover. 以貌取人

Don’t judge a book by its cover. 不要以貌取人。

  1. Bite off more than you can chew. 自不量力

Do your best. Do whatever you can, but don’t bite off more than you can chew.

尽最大努力去做,做你能做得到的事,不要好高鹜远。

  1. Scratch someone’s back. 帮某人的忙

You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.

我们礼尚往来。