在GUMTREE上出租房间碰到骗子,大家小心

挂广告在GUMTREE上出租单间,昨天连着有2个人给我发短信,让我回邮件问我房间是不是还空着,我回完邮件,今天先收到一个
Thanks for getting back to me.My name is Zou Yuejia originally from China,I am 27 years old non smoker lady coming to UK from US.I work at Port of Seattle in United state but coming to UK for a business and holiday as im off at work for 6 months.I would have love to call you directly but im at sea presently and i have limited time to surf the internet and also phone calls is also strictly limited due to the work nature.Just to let you know little about myself.I am clean/tidy and trustworthy person so you have to worried less about the person occupying your room.Please let me know the total cost covering my first 4 months rent together with damage deposit. I would also like you to get back to me with the full house address so that i can forward it to my freight company in order to calculate the total cost of shipping my little stuffs there.I would be gladden to read from you soon.God Bless.
我一开始没反应过来,一看中国人,还问对方有没有微信,对方回我说没有,我就给他算了房租多少,还傻傻的告诉了地址。
这时候我收到了另一个人的信:
Many thanks for your response,let me introduce myself. I am Lyu Yumeng, 23 years nonsmoker Chinese lady coming to United Kingdom,I am doctor on cruise ship and I have limited time to surf the internet but I will find time to call you. I will like you to kindly calculate the total cost covering my first three months’ rent together with deposit but I will be staying as long as your room is available. I will also like you to kindly get back to me with some pictures of the room and your address for me to forward it to my mover agent to calculate the total cost of moving my stuffs to United Kingdom. I had attached a copy of my passport for you to have a picture of me. I will be waiting to read back from you.

这时候我开始警觉了,为什么又是在海上,23岁这么年轻就成了医生,而且这个人昨天的短信是他丈夫发的,23岁结婚还住在游轮上的医生来英国干嘛,前面那个来英国度假不是应该住在伦敦么,来我这个小村干嘛。这时候第一个人回我信了,
Many thanks again,I will love to rent the room and looking forward to meet you in person. I am arriving on 20th July and stay more than a year in UK so i will be paying for the first 4 month rent,please get back to me with your confirm PayPal email account for me to send the payment in advance because i will be presenting the proof of my rent payment to my employer and also to the immigration at the port of entry to UK for my reservation.I will be signing all the lease and document on my arrival day.I will be so happy to secure the room as soon as you get back to me with the PayPal money request or your confirm email for PayPal and if you do not have one you can as well get back to me with your bank account number and sort code for me to make bank transfer to your bank account as i can still make transfer from my PayPal account to any bank account.I will be attaching a photo ID of myself to this email,kindly check it out and also wont mind if you can send any identity of yours to me so that i can also have a little picture of whom im meeting pretty soon.Hoping to read from you soon.God bless
还附上了一个叫邹玥伽的人的护照,中国护照,加拿大签发的,云南人,估计这护照也是骗来的。我就彻底认为这是骗局了,如果我给他银行卡号,他知道卡号,知道我名字,知道我邮箱和地址,可以作妖的事就多了。以后大家看到这种骗子要当心了,特别是住在伦敦的!

更新:
在我回了一个中文短信咒他们全家以后,这个人又给我回了一封信,懂行的来说说,他们要PAYPAL和银行卡号最后怎么骗到钱?
Many thanks for getting back to me again. I am very social person that respect humanity and this make it so easy for me to get along with whoever that comes my way in life. I am arriving on 24th of July and start working in United Kingdom. I will be securing the room by transferring the rent to you through PayPal and if you do not have a paypal account kindly set up an account with them in less than 5 minutes on www.paypal.com. I would have requested for your bank details but for the safety of you and i with giving bank details online, I prefer going through PayPal. I will be so happy to secure the room as soon as you get back to me with the PayPal money request. All you need to do is to log into your PayPal and click request money, you will then send the money request of total 3 months rent to my email address for me to transfer the money. I will like to pay in advance through PayPal and my reason is that, I will be presenting the proof of my rent payment to my employer and also to the immigration at the port of entry into United Kingdom.

难道gumtree有非骗子吗? {:5_129:}

怎么这英语看着这么别扭呢

估计是在尼日利亚学的英语。

还是好人多,我觉得gumtree上的骗子都比较好识别,比如po主说的这种,满满的全是套路,看多了就有自动过滤能力了。真正卖东西的话,比ebay省心,省钱。租房这种事,窃以为,就不应该上gumtree发广告,目标人群有争议。

看着觉得不自然的邮件,先google一下中间的句子,十有八九都是好几年前的尼日利亚骗子信件了

之前搬家Gumtree上卖了冰箱 沙发, 茶几还有clothing rail都特别愉快。全部一周内卖光。 其中一个还是啊叉15岁小孩拿着钱来取货,靠谱

但是碰到一个二傻(啊叉口音成年男人)各种砍价完说在路上来取就消失了。。。后来就是那个15岁小孩子买了他要的东西。我还发短信说他的信用还不如一个15岁的孩子 (在我搬走的那天,以防他会来报复我啊哈哈哈)

在还没有airbnb的年代,需要帮来英国旅游的朋友租一个月的flat,在gumtree上看到一个在说是在battersea的一个套间很干净好,价格也算合理,联系房主看房,房主说不在英国,不能看,所以让给个邮编去看看那栋楼外面也可以,人家就躲躲闪闪的,还不停催要西联几百押金,很不巧,某天去狗岛吃饭发现那个楼在狗岛。从那以后再也不在gumtree看东西。自认为智商不够。
现在中国人有钱,开始拿中国人名义骗钱了,还是骗子就是中国人?

很好奇在gumtree上卖东西,在哪里交货交钱?

我们在gumtree上 买过、卖过东西,没什么问题,都比较顺利。

有朋友用gumtree出租房子,招来的房客素质有问题。

大哥,此话有点偏激。俺在gumtree,房客,物品几乎都在这上面进行,房客被我管的溜溜的。汽车,摩托车,都在这上面买的。当然了,生活经验不多的话,还是多花钱吧。经常能发现骗子,如果你没底线,没有防范,那就是你自己的错。 {:5_137:}

买卖好多年了,都是上家里交货

的确,上次租房也在上面挂过,打来电话的都是不咋的人,拿着政府救济金的人,而且GUMTREE还不让人写只要女房客,人跟歧视有毛关系,我招室友男的不方便只要女的不行吗,写这个就给人删广告,结果一堆男的打电话来,还怪我不在广告上写明

没用过,都是听人说的。

楼主贴的这英语,一看就是尼日利亚版。 {:5_142:}

用过几次gumtree,感觉还行
注意一定要亲眼看见卖家,看见东西,这样才有最基本的保障。凡是不露面,只给paypal,甚至保证先付款也不能信,或者说不能亲自来,要agent过来取东西的,全部略过,不能信

gumtree上出租房子,碰到种大麻的越南人,吧房子差点毁了的含泪飘过

就是处理一些不再需要的物品 (或者想淘点什么东西), 包括电子产品和家具之类。

通常是本地,有时就是邻居家,都不远。上门看货,满意就付款 拿走,简单、方便。

骗子知道你是中国人?你留姓了?所以用中国人的名字对你行骗?

话说英国这个大都市真的蛮乱的,骗子好多啊!
现在有一种趋势,骗子组一张大网,目标以华人为主,弄跨国的骗人勾当,,不是写信就是电话、邮件的主动联系你。同胞们要多加留意啊。
比如说,号称在香港工作的某行的CEO,给你寄信说有人给我留下巨额遗产,完了信是通过英国的Royal Mail 寄的,而且寄到我在北欧住过的地址 {:5_129:}
还好我从来不相信天上掉馅饼的事情,这样的信一概不理。