(转载)遗传学家说教育在基因里,送儿子上伊顿没有任何教育意义。

There is no point sending your children to Eton because education is in your genes, says geneticist

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/06/02/no-point-sending-children-eton-education-genes-says-geneticist/amp/
Sending children to private schools like Eton is a waste of time according to a leading scientist

Sending children to private schools like Eton is a waste of time because academic success is written in the genes meaning youngsters would do just as well at the local comprehensive, a leading scientist has claimed.

Robert Plomin, Professor of Behavioural Genetic at King’s College London, said he and his team had spent decades trying to unpick how much of achievement in education was down to nature or nurture.

He concluded that 50 per cent of academic success is due to genes, but they are yet to discover what accounts for the other half. What they do now know, however, is it is not due to schooling or upbringing.

Studies have shown that adopted twins with the same genetics do just as well academically even if they have had vastly different education or parents.

Although selective schools like Eton achieve higher grades, it is the selection process itself which accounts for the difference, and that same cohort would achieve the same marks if sent to a state school, Prof Plomin argues.

Professor Robert Plomin. Speaking at The Hay Festival, he said: “Do differences in the quality of school make a difference in outcomes like GCSE scores or getting into universities?

“There’s a correlation there – kids who go to selective schools have a GCSE score that is one full grade higher than kids who go to comprehensive schools.

“But if you correct for what the schools selected on, there’s no difference in GCSE scores. It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you select the very best kids academically, yes they go on and do well. But have you added value? The answer is no.

‘So why send your kids to Eton? Don’t. If all you’re doing it for is educational achievement. Schools matter, kids have got to learn all this stuff. But do they make a difference? The answer is no.”

Eton currently costs more than £40,000-a-year and 19 of Britain’s Prime Ministers were educated at the school.

Prof Plomin accepted that parents may want to send there children to fee-paying schools to mix with the ‘right sort of people’ but said they shouldn’t expect the institutions to improve their grades.

Private schools may also instil confidence, leadership skills or connections which improve job prospects in later life, he conceded. Although just seven per cent of children in Britain attended public school, over a third of MPs, half of medical consultants and two thirds of high court judges had a private education.

But he added: “Differences in GCSE results for selective and non selective schools are not an index for the quality of education the schools provide.

“Even though schools have little effect on individual differences in school achievement, some parents will still decide to pay huge amounts of money to send their children to private schools in order to give their children whatever alight advantage such schools provide.

“I hope it will help parents who cannot afford to pay for private schooling or move house to know that it doesn’t make much of a difference in children’s school achievement.”

believe what you want to believe

It does make me feel better :slight_smile: - “I hope it will help parents who cannot afford to pay for private schooling or move house to know that it doesn’t make much of a difference in children’s school achievement.”

人生都是概率事件,贵族,名人,富人,大多数不比普通人更聪明。 普通人子女再努力也很难跨越阶层。 伊顿就是妥妥的阶级门槛。 贵族名人富人的一般资质的孩子,上伊顿只不过是日常生活的一部分。 和学习成绩关系不大

能上伊顿的根本不需要找工作,成绩高低也无所谓。因为他们家族的财富几辈子也花不完。:lol

看这文章我feel depressed,因为我的IQ very average,那不是说我的遗传基因没希望了? {:5_139:}

这年头都不拼EQ吗?IQ有啥用?

那更没希望了,因为我的EQ比IQ还要差。 {:5_145:}

大哥您的EQ还不高的话那您还让不让人活了? {:5_146:}

My EQ is rubbish and it greatly affects my progress in my career and my life in certain aspects. I have autistic spectrum disorder and have difficulties to relate to other people. My wife and children comment that I am socially disabled. {:5_139:}

After fighting with my social disability many years, I have accepted me as I am and just try to mitigate the effects of my social ability on every day work and life. {:5_134:}

What I said above is the truth. {:5_145:}

无所谓,take it easy
{:5_141:}
很多东西是儿时形成

好奇成龍大哥如果社交不好,是怎麼認識龍嫂的? 成長期間有朋友嗎?受欺負嗎?

龙哥说他EQ的事, 有可能是事实, 很多人都是这样的, 在网上很 social 的, 但在现实生活中可能是完全不同性格的人。

朋友的事情,从内心深处说我没有朋友,因为我don’t need friends, don’t want friends。从外界来说,我有朋友因为我make sure I have something they need or want。家庭关系和朋友关系也是一个道理,因为I have something they want or need。

欺负的问题,工作和生活中是经常被别人take advantage of,就是被欺负,做很多事情没有回报,但I don’t mind,in fact I am happy to be useful to others。

That’s true wisdom

大哥我觉得我也是don’t need friends, don’t want friends, 咋整。我就喜欢一个人。。。。。

谢謝謝龍哥傾心分享!

您説自己在自閉症光譜上,是確診的,還是自己約莫估計的呀? 其實我覺得您不是,因為您能理解笑話,讀懂用語背後的深層意思,而且和壇友交流順暢。而這些是自閉症患者無法做到的。我估計您就是天生不擅長社交,屬於社交能力很差,但又未到自閉症的程度。

無論何如何,從您這裡相信很多壇友看到了人的多樣性。大腦的wiring 決定了我們的個性和能力,甚至是病症。

Celebrate neurodiversity! 我以後還要繼續請教您哦! {:5_143:}

ASD有不同的程度,我的应该是程度比较轻微的。

小时候在中国那个时候没有人听说过ASD这个东西,更不可能有诊断,家里父母只是觉得我和别人不一样非常strange而已,好在我母亲是专长低幼儿童教育的特级教师,她能应付像我这样的strange boy。

长大以后我自我对照检查而且和我们学校的disability services咨询过,我应该算是有轻微程度的ASD,但没有去诊断的必要,因为whatever I have, I have already developed my own method of handling it.

gifted? 龙哥你是不是这种ASD {:5_142:}

大学老师很多都 don’t need friends, 甚至don’t need a family {:5_145:}