英语沙龙诚征斑竹/Recruitment of English Salon

Due to the development of English Salon, we would like to recruit one more moderator.

If you think you are knowledgeable in English forum, being polite and helpful towards other members, willing to give advice whenever needed and whenever possible then please send your application form in the following format.

ID:

The board to be applied(in Chinese): 英语沙龙

Present resident city:

Your occupation:

In order to be eligible to apply for this position, your number of posts in powerapple forum must be >600.

Registration date (The date your registered in powerapple forum):

Your Email:

Average online time (hour/day):

Fixed online time (morning/afternoon/evening):

1, The reason you apply for the moderator of English Salon.

2, The columns/boards you visit often

3, How would you perform the moderator duties better?

4, What do you think about our English Salon?

5, Suggestion and thoughts of promoting the English Salon.

Please finish the application carefully. We will review it once we receive it and contact you for a MSN interview if we think there is any fit between us.

Thanks!

[ 编辑者 CS 于日期 27Aug03 ]

招斑竹的真多,歌坛也要招了 真好,什么热闹我们艘凑

支持!!!

英语沙龙都招斑竹

支持一下

希望能找到好斑竹

投一票

于 2003-08-23 15:47, jacket 写:

投一票

望支持呢~! 啦啦啦~~~

ID: Hannah_Hannah

The board to be applied(in Chinese): 英语沙龙

Present resident city: London , uk

Your occupation: student

In order to be eligible to apply for this position, the number of posts in powerapple forum are >600. (1222)

Registration date (The date your registered in powerapple forum): 27 march 03

Your Email: [email protected]

Average online time (hour/day):

approximately 4hrs/day weekdays, evening (GWT )

Minimum 7hrs/day weekends

The reasons that I apply for the moderator of ES

The reasons that I would like to apply for this moderator of English Saloon, because first of all, I really like this board. I used to apply for it, but because of they didn’t really need more moderators. I got rejected . Although I failed at the 1st application, but this board still does attract me in some sorts of ways, and I always keep eyes on it.

Another reason that makes me to apply for it, is that this saloon is to help people sort out some problems on English subject. You see, I am those kind of people who have warm-heart, and obviously, surely, certainly……I would help them out J.

There is another reason that I want to be one of the moderator of ES, is that this is the only board that numbers could chat in English. This is another way to make friends here and develop our English at same time.

英语沙龙,人在欧洲, 我是女生 are the boards that always go

How would you perform the moderator duties better?

(lol, this is the boring bit of this application…) well, what am I going to do to make this saloon better is to find some interesting topics, articles and some little stories to read, to discuss. Because like people want to the boards attract them and the boards that they have something to say

What do you think about our english saloon?

Do you mean how do I feel about if NOW?

Honestly , it is a bit boring. Its all about the formal dialogs and some useful sentences. But actually this board is not juz a studying English board. It should be a board just like a normal forum, talking about everything, express ppls feeling, thoughts and give somesuggestions and expirence

Suggestion and thoughts of promoting the English Saloon.

To attract people to this ES, the only thing that need to do is to finding the special, interesting and funny topics. People don’t want to go a ES which is similar to others. They wanna come to a saloon which catch their interests.

umm…I don’t think my former board was a “saloon”. A saloon is a bar for alcoholics, not for intellectuals.

The correct word should be “salon”.

well, unless if you choose to change the purpose of this board, my opinion could be ignored as usual.

于 2003-08-24 08:16, lolingcat 写:

umm…I don’t think my former board was a “saloon”. A saloon is a bar for alcoholics, not for intellectuals.

well, unless if you choose to change the purpose of this board, my opinion could be ignored as usual.

Thanks for the suggestion.

i think it’s more like a correction, if you can distinguish “suggestion” and “correction”. hehe.

于 2003-08-24 01:59, advocate 写:

this is so depressing, none of you people here can write one complete sentence that resembles true English.

well, I am in Helsinki, where we use Finnish and Swedish as the official language. I'm sorry that my English is not good. I suppose that is why we are recruiting one more moderator.

Please express your opinion directly. Thanks!

推荐别人好不好啊

天啊,招斑竹的帖子真象找工作招聘的广告,我狂晕。

于 2003-08-24 01:59, advocate 写:

this is so depressing, none of you people here can write one complete sentence that resembles true English.

Hey guy, actually I am thinking about what it would be like of your so-called true and complete English. Don't you not look down on others' efforts, pls.

Honestly, I am interested in this vacancy. However, I cannot guarantee my hours to be devoted. And after all I am only a 六品道台

于 2003-08-24 08:16, lolingcat 写:

thx for the correction, hehe, i didnt really notice the differences btw 'salon' and 'saloon'...actually im not good at spelling, probabaly because of i use the symbols.....

于 2003-08-24 13:31, kurama113 写:

推荐别人好不好啊

of course you can.

于 2003-08-26 21:32, advocate 写:

I apologize beforehand if this offends anyone, but it amazes me that none of you people can compose one complete sentence in proper and grammatically correct English.

We know our ignorance and that is the reason we are here. We believe you are here to learn and practice english as well. It is much easier to be critical than to be correct.