Arrival of the First Qantas A380 into SYD

Hey guys

Just wanted to share a few photos that I took during the official arrival ceremony for the arrival of VH-OQA, Qantas’ first Airbus A380 into Sydney this morning (SUN 21/09/2008).

We arrived at Hanger 96 at about 8:30 this morning and there was a huge turnout. Refreshment and tea/coffee were available and the everyone were really excited about the event. All staff and their family & friends were given an Qantas A380 Velcro bag which consisted of an A380 cap, A380 pen and A380 mouse pad. At the end of the ceremony everyone were also given a huge A380 poster to take home.

The host started welcoming everyone into the hanger at about 8:40 or so and began with a trivia quiz to entertain the kids at the hanger. Huge bouncing kangaroos were also at the hanger to entertain the kids. At about 8:45 live footage of the aircraft over Sydney were shown on the video screen at the hanger up until the aircraft got into the hanger.

QF6008 from TLS and SIN touched down on runway 16R at about 0900 and taxied to the front of the domestic terminal, where it was then towed into hanger 96. Once docked, AQIS/Customs/Immigration people boarded the aircraft via door M1R and it was another 15 minutes before the ceremony started.

Hanger 96

Touching down at runway 16R

VH-OQA being towed into the hanger

The ceremony then began with the Australian Choir lining up on the push stairs to sing “I still call Australia Home” (I have a video but apparently it was a bit too big to go up on youtube). Aircraft door was then opened and John Borghetti (Executive General Manager Qantas Airlines) and Lesley Grant (Group General Manager Customer Service and Products) were there to greet the Crew and passengers.

The Choir about the perform “I Still Call Australia Home”

Cabin Crew disembarking the aircraft (note that they are already wearing our new uniform)

The pilots, Designer Marc Newson and EGM Qantas Airlines John Borghetti

The stage of the ceremony

The Cabin Crew who brought QF6008 in from Singapore

Landing gear

RR Trent 900 engine

The Spirit of Australia

Door M2L on the A380

VH-OQA

And that’s pretty much it. Unfortunately we were not allowed to access the aircraft cabin today but I will be back over the next 2 weeks for photos of the aircraft cabin and maybe a flight report as well on one of the test flights.

Also, I will on duty of the first commercial flight of Qantas A380 next month, on 20 October 2008 from MEL to LAX, and I would be glad to know if anyone here will onboard.

Special thanks to Cibic (keene), for helping me upload those photos and made this post better.

Once again, Thanks and Enjoy!

Bye for now, G’nite!

QANTAS A380 Landing At Sydney Airport - 21st Sept 2008

welcome mate! new uniform looks even amazing and congrats u will fly with the Super Kingaroo ever soon. well done!

QANTAS也有380了啊 :cn07:

when will it come to brisbane ar :cn07:

DANIELLE_HOO于2008-09-21写道:

[b]可能性不大,BNE现在去哪里的客流能满足这450人一班啊 :cn14: [/b]

:cn07: :cn07:非常爽啊~~哈哈哈哈

:cn09: :cn09: :cn09:

keene于2008-09-21写道:

DANIELLE_HOO于2008-09-21写道:

可能性不大,BNE现在去哪里的客流能满足这450人一班啊 :cn14:

wotever,