关于入籍, 最近在等待Home Office Approval入籍的朋友来聊聊。

很有帮助!:cn15:

下礼拜才面试,结束一定来分享。:cn08:

Girls and boys,

I have a question. If my passport is expired, can I still apply the UK citizenship?

I can not renew my passport, because my government says that I have not done my national service.

So do you have any ideas that I still can apply for it?

Thank you

没明白,你的国家是哪个国家?新加坡或是台湾?

我觉得你没有新护照一样可以申请citizenship,并不影响。最好还是问问NCS或者是home office.

Thank you, I feel relief now. I was so worried, because I can not renew my passport.

I am from Taiwan by the way. Thank you for you help again.

是不是你们政府不想你入英国籍,想让你回国服兵役啊:roll:

HAHA, YES. It is in our constitution. Every healthy man have to do the national service after 18 years old.

So annoying. And I can not withdraw my nationality without going back to Taiwan to finish my duty first.

HAHA, it is so weird.

你们就是服了兵役也不是大陆的对手啊,政府想什么呢,还不如就放过自己的国民,谁想当兵就当,像美国一样招募制的多好,还有工资和福利拿:cn14:

HAHA, that is exactly what i think.

And my governmernt is planning to doing that.

My two brothers do not need to do the national service.

Lucky them.

But unfortunately, I still need to do it, even I hold the UK passport.

After I become the Uk citizen, I have to change my name.

So I can go back to Taiwan for a long holiday.

I still have a long way to go.

为毛你入了英国籍都要服兵役呢? 台湾政府疯了吧:cn05:

你就是改了名字,但是英国护照上面会写出生地点台湾,那个时候你能拿到台湾签证回台湾度假吗

I hope so. At least, that is what I heard.

I need to figure out everything before I go back to Taiwan.

I really do not want to waste my two years life for the stupid national service.

The end of world is coming.

2012!!!

更新进度:

10月15日NCS递交申请

10月22日申请费被home office从银行划走

10月27日收到UK Border Agency的确认信dated 10月21日(acknowledgement of the receipt of the application)- 敌人用的是2nd class royal mail service

11月10日收到UK Border Agency的Approval Letter (dated on 11月3日)-敌人还是用的2nd class royal mail service

11月10日同时还收到Local Council的Group Ceremony Invitation Letter邀请参加11月23日的集体入籍仪式,准备打电话预约参加私人的入籍仪式。另,Council 居然用的是1st class royal mail service还是手帖的女皇侧面的金色邮票。

11月11日预约到11月13日星期六在council做私人的入籍仪式,主要是为了赶时间拿护照。非常的贵,居然要交180磅!听说有些council很便宜只要50-60磅就可以私人仪式了。要不是中国护照到哪里都要签证受歧视,谁花这个冤枉钱入什么英国籍啊!?希望祖国日益强大,也早日认可双重国籍!

11月13日上午11点在COUNCIL参加私人入籍仪式,10点55分赶到,11点整开始,历时7分钟就结束了,拿到了传说中的”入籍纸“。我深深地爱着自己的祖国,对入籍始终是心如止水,因为从来就没想做什么英国人,只为能有一张出行方便的通行证罢了。出了宣誓厅立马就把刚说的誓言呸掉了,心中默念“老子刚才说的话绝不算数!”。

11月15日下午在post office用Check & Send Services-记住使用post office里面排队叫号机上的Travel Money选项,因为有两个窗口专门负责Travel Money其中包括check & send service,这样就可以避免随大流排大队了。所需文件包括申请表,两张照片(有一张背后要推荐人签名),入籍纸,latest中国护照。另,如果改了名字的还需要deed poll document。

11月23日收到Identity & Passport Service的面试邀请信(dated on 11月19日)。马上预约面试,可惜伦敦最早只能预约到2个礼拜之后 - 约到了12月7日面试。入籍纸和中国护照已经被courier deliver过了,可是人不在家,还要重新rearrange delivery。

12月7日伦敦面试.相关的面试问题如下:

Asked my name, address, date of birth, how long I lived at the current address, am I registered to vote at the current address, who else lives at this address and name, my parents dates of birth and birth place, when they got married, when did I have the citizenship ceremony and where, how I sent my passport application form and what supporting documents I sent with the application, did I get my supporting documents back, where I asked the supporting documents to be sent back, did I pay a fee for the supporting documents to be sent back using secured delivery, did I ask for a special type of passport and what is it, who signed my passport application and my photo, how old is she/he, how did I know her/him and for how long, what is the email address I put in my passport application form, how many credit cards that I have, and with which credit card issuer.

这是所有的问题了。面试结束后面试官通知4-10个工作日内IPS把护照寄到。:cn11:

恭喜 lz{:5_137:}

谢了。

我准备拿到护照再高兴,希望是新版的护照,呵呵:cn14:

能问下为什么你们都选私人入籍仪式呀,group时间上不好吗?还是要等很久呀{:5_132:}

私人仪式时间任你挑,主要是平时挤不出时间参加group ceremony.

哦 我以为group的要等很久,所以大家都选私人的了{:5_134:}

很详细,谢谢楼主。

请问明年入籍要改是指完全取消还是怎么滴?不需要确切的答案,哪怕是rumors也行

动动脑子,入籍有可能取消吗??英国政府希望大量拿绿卡的人早日入籍。所有才有了之后,拿绿卡比入籍时间要长,要难的多的原因,英国政府不希望大量的人只拿绿卡不入籍。