英语沙龙诚征斑竹/Recruitment of English Salon

于 2003-08-26 21:32, advocate 写:

I apologize beforehand if this offends anyone, but it amazes me that none of you people can compose one complete sentence in proper and grammatically correct English.

shut up....

I apologize beforehand if this offends anyone, but it amazes me that none of you people can compose one complete sentence in proper and grammatically correct English.

Mr. Advocate, you can be as as haughty as you want, and flaunt as much as you'd like, because I believe that you have the capital. And you don't need to reply my PM either, for I am not in charge of this recruitment anyway.

However, if your only intention for being here is to ignite another argument about your sinophobia and taiwanese nationalism, then please keep that to yourself at “一吐为快”。

Thank you very much.

what a barbarian i have seen in here…

crazy…

thx for ur apologising, but i dont think any of us really care or really need it . ah , i ve gotten a better idea, u cud juz keep ur apologising to your mammy for giving u birth or even apologise to urself for speaking with that mouth!

ohh, forgot to remind u that u WERE chinese…and u DID had this experience to learn how to speak ur language properly, how to being POLITE…but i think u hav forgotten all nw, cuz we cant see any LANGUAGE that is not RUDE from you !

you r so sad man …

[ 编辑者 Hannah_hannah 于日期 27Aug03 ]

Cool! Our mates please calm down.

Your are here to find a cool mod not an argy-bargier.

keep your believe and temper. all the best for the salon.

Hey, I am new to this forum. I kind of finding it interesting when you recruite a new moderator and a comments on the ‘salon’ and ‘saloon’. I paste the difference of these two 4 U all.

Salon-

1.【地】 (法國等大宅中的)客?d,會客室,沙龍;(尤指 Paris 上流社會婦女在客?d中舉行的)招待會,名流聚會

2.上流社會

3.【地】 美國展覽館,畫廊

4.【事】 沙龍畫展 ( 每年在巴黎舉行的現代美術畫展 )

5.【地】 (有關時尚等的)營業場所

Saloon -

1.【地】 (旅館等的)大?d,客?d;(客輪上的)交誼室,餐?d a dining saloon 餐車

a sleeping saloon 臥車.

2.【物】 【英鐵】 特等客車 a dining saloon 餐車

a sleeping saloon 臥車.

3.【地】 (客機上的)客艙 a dining saloon 餐車

a sleeping saloon 臥車.

4.【地】 【英】 娛樂場所,…?d[室] a billiard saloon 撞球場

a hairdresser’s [shaving] saloon 理髮館

a shooting saloon 室內靶場.

5.【地】 【美】 酒店,酒吧間 ( 現在通常稱 bar ) a billiard saloon 撞球場

a shooting saloon 室內靶場.

6.【地】 【英】 (酒店中的)雅座酒吧 a billiard saloon 撞球場

a shooting saloon 室內靶場.

So, saloon does not necessary involve alcohol, depending which style of English U adopt. However, I do think using salon is a more formal place and more artistic, whereas saloon is more casual.

Since the Chinese version used the word 沙龙, I suppose it is more correct to name it ‘SALON’.

pljj, thank your very much for explaining the difference between the two words,saloon and salon in detail.