让我们通过讨论来学英语,记单词吧!

无常的,飘忽不定的:Erratic
今天碰到的一个词,感觉很有用,先录在这
Erratic:not regular, uncertain or without organization in movement or behaviour
She can be very erratic, one day she is friendly and the next she’ll hardly speak to you.
自己造一个
As for this topic, I were quite erratic to update before. It is very uncalled-for to discuss this topic only by one person. Out of blue, I got some back-ups from German one day. With somebody to communicate, it gave me a shove to stick to this topic.

This is my word-of-the-day:

la-dee-da: expression for “it’s boring” or ''like i care". One said it’s mainly used by girls, but interestingly there were some expamples said by men. see http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=la%20dee%20da. Visited on 07.01.2012

Example here:
Me: It’s picked up in the movie “one day”. A good movie.
Some reader: Well la-dee-da.

小姐被扫黄组抓走审问。 小姐狡辩道:“我只是把两元的避YUN TAO卖到了二百元!” 扫黄组怒问其:“还敢狡 …

It’s a good one.:lol

Ehrenamtliche Werbung:

「楊鐵樑留言信箱」電台節目逢星期一至五於以下香港電台第一台(FM92.6-94.4)節目內播出:
深夜12:00 「講東講西」
早上11:00 「開心日報」
晚上7:30「自由風.自由phone」

Narrated by the former Chief Justice of Hongkong Sir Ti-Liang Yang about using English phrases and idioms.

小错误:slip-up
slip-up:a mistake or something which goes wrong
We just can’t afford to make any slip-ups.
自己造一个:
It is inevitable to make plenty of slip-ups during our journey to master English. But the slip-ups never overshadow our great improvement.

来个不是很文雅但是挺好玩的:

fly low: 没拉裤链
出处:电影 Johnny English reborn
造句:After using the water-closet he didn’t notice that he’s flying low.

Have I made a mistake or both are right?

After going to the water-closet he didn’t notice that he’s flying low.

I didn’t find the answer in internet but found something funny: toilet, water-closet, rest-room, bath-room, lavatory, loo, john, even garderobe can be used to refer to one and the same place. So many names for the smallest room in our homes. We can see that it’s an important place but sometimes we avoid to mention it directly:loveliness:

THIS IS MY FIRST POST IN POWERAPPLE.
AND IM SO SAD THAT SO FEW PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN THIS KIND OF POSTS.
JUST GIVE MY SUPPORT

很棒的帖子!!!!!加油!!!!:cn02:

I love it, which is full of fun. It is reaaly fantastic to add fun to our topics. It is a useful phrase for gentleman. It is a common slip-up for a gentleman to fly low. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m glad that you like it

my phrase-of-the-day:

muck about:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/muck+about, visited on 13.01.2012)
vb Brit slang

1. (intr) to waste time; misbehave
  2. (when intr, foll by with) to interfere with, annoy, or waste the time of

造句:You go wasting your life on those parties, don’t muck me about.

It’s again picked up in the movie “one day”. My third time watching it. Really like the story and how it’s told. Besides, anlike most of the people I know, I like the english accent and expressions much more than the american ones.

“And if we should bump into each other sometime in the future, well, that’s fine too” dialogue in “one day”

“I like the english accent and expressions much more than the american ones.” That being said, it reminds me of the classic “my fair lady” by Audrey Hepburn. Just as I skipped it, I came across this one:

bundle off: to make someone go somewhere, especially in order to get rid of them. (MacMillan Dictionary on-line: http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/bundle-off, visited on 13.01.2012)

Someone bundle this cat off to the kitchen and get her something to eat please, she just keep … meowing.

Following up the collection of WCs, I would like to contribute another group of words about friends (not only friends, but more).
Mate, Fella, Chap, Buddy, Chum, Pal, Lad
类似于中文中打招呼的哥们,朋友,伙计

It is a fantastic film of “one day”. Maybe soulmates always happend like the characters in th film. Recently, I always googled the stripts of some films I watched. It helped me a lot to learn some useful expressions. Another impressive film is "Before sunset”, which is constructed by the dialogues between two persons. It is a pity that it is the American accents.
I do not think we could bump into each other one day. The chance to bump into is so slim. I gather the meeting should be a well arranged. :stuck_out_tongue:

不情愿的付钱:fork out
Fork out: pay for something or spend money reluctantly
He finally forked out the 20 pounds he owed me after messing me around for so long.
自己也造一个:
I bumped into Lucy in city centre. She forked out for the dinner, which she promised ages ago.

支持一下,If you truly believe that you can make your own destiny, then the results will hold in your own hands

@zxbasd: good saying. There is another saying with simular meaning: “Where there is a will, there is a way.”
@vdragonwithlove: I didn’t count it, but i can say without making big mistake that “bump into” is the “phrase of the thread in the Year of Rabbit”:lol

proceed with my “below the belt” phrases:

go commando:

--------------------------- Seperate Line for guessing the meaning yourself if you don’t know the phrase ----------------------------[\hr]

go commando: 俚语“真空” to go without wearing any underwear under ones out clothes (Urbandictionary.com)
可能的来源是:特种部队在一定气候环境下会选择在军装下不穿内衣裤,以减低的湿疹的可能性。

Example: I’ve heard that scots like to go commando under their kilts.

祝大家身体健康,龙年进步!

扼杀在摇篮里,消除在萌芽状态: nip it/something in the bud
nip it/something in the bud: to deal with a problem at an early stage before it gets out of hand
The gist of what she was saying was that we’d be better off nipping it in the bud now than letting the problem grow as years go by.

I always fancy that I could bump into my first lover one day. After learning so many family tragedies, I’d better nip the idea in the bud.

Happy dragon year. Let us good good study, day day up.:stuck_out_tongue:

Best wishes to all the participants in this discussion, especially to qileguaile. :smiley:

路过。。。支持lz。。。

meddle with: 插手,干涉
meddle with: interfere with someone or something
Please don’t meddle with me. I am in a bad mood. Would you please stop meddling with my computer?
自己造一个: English studying is a quite personal matter. No boday has the right to meddle with other people’s learning process and habit. However, discussion with other about the experience of study is a brilliant idea. :stuck_out_tongue: