Give up Chinese Citizenship(What's the procedure?)

Dear Apple friends,

I am going to attend my British Citizenship ceremony tomorrow and I will be British citizen from tomorrow.

I understand China does not recognise dual citizenship and my Chinese citizenship is automatically cancelled.

Can anyone tell me what is the procedure to give up Chinese citizenship? Do I have to do anything at all? If possible, can someone send me the link of relevant articles/applications etc? Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

I tried to called all Chinese authorities in UK but no firm answer and they even tell me different things all the time!

Sorry I chose to give up Chinese citizenship as I did not want to. It’s purely for travelling I do not need Visa any more to go to Europe, US etc.

Thanks a lot.

P.S Sorry because I am at work and I can’t type in Chinese…

Also just some related points, I have been living in the UK for ten years so I applied PR on this basis through a solicitor. When I apply for British Citizenship (you need to apply for UK Naturalisation), I did it myself. It was not difficult. I recommend you apply through your local National Checking Office because they check your form, photocopy and certify all your original documents then return all original documents to you.
Any questions just ask me.

noted.

Some advise please…

After reading many 帖 here, I think it’s better to follow the law and rule…

get your british passport first, then contact chinese embassy.

as I know there s no need for you to “give up” on chinese citizenship, coz once you joined the british citizenship your information will be past to chinese embassy straight away by the HO, and then you will be no longer a Chinese citizen.

去大使馆直接销户口就完了。

请问LZ用了多长时间申请到的?是NCS快,还是找律师快?

我五月中申请的,六月中Home Office讲已经made decision (我打电话追问),七月收到的入籍仪式申请信。

找律师也要差不多时间。NC 挺快的,我很满意他们的服务。

我也有给中国使馆打电话,可没人管这事。

好像不用特地通知他们,办中国签证时就自动告知了。其实真的用两国护照没人查的,只要别一进一出混着用,出入境的章对不上。

can you tell me who told you when you were jionted british citizen, HO will send your information to chinese embassy.do not give wrong informations mate.

+1, HO will never share personal information with an foriegn embassy (unless US for certian national interests reason). They don’t even share the citzenship info with Indian government after they received formal requests from indian embassy.

我怎么看这些英文怪怪的…

说不出来怪在哪里…

你去US也是要签证的。。

Really?

Chinese holding British Passport needs Visa to go to US?

Please advise!

这是我找到的。

•British travellers to the US under the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP), which allows most British Citizen passport holders to visit for up to 90 days without a visa, must get an authorisation via the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) prior to their journey. Visitors should register through the ESTA website at esta.cbp.dhs.gov and are advised to do so at least 72 hours prior to travel. If you do not have an ESTA you will be refused travel to the USA.

谢谢!
英国人也都是·要·走这一步的。比申请旅游签证简单便宜·很多。

我错了, 昨天跟朋友说起,她说去美国, 加拿大只要落地签就可以了。

看起来英国的护照倒是不难拿, 可是中国护照一旦放弃了,就拿不回来了。 我老公说了: 他想要本中国的护照, 我说你做梦吧{:5_137:}

真理,放弃的很容易,想再拿到比登天还难,纠结死了

直接去中国大使馆申请中国签证,你自动就被告知要注销中国户口了。
或者持中国护照入境边防的时候把英国护照一块给边防检查人员,当时就会把你弄到小屋子里告诉你可以入境,但是不注销完你的中国户口不许处境

谢谢。你说的对。

只望有一日中国和更多国家建立互信,自由往来,我们就都少费心了。