从中国带来的东西入境时被海关扣押

各位苹果大侠们,有谁知道的帮帮忙好么

我表姐他们夫妇今年3月初从中国过来的时候带了10多条烟还有一些在香港机场买的 优的良品的肉类包装零食过海关的时候被抽查到,全部都被扣押当时还说会发信要罚款。
因为她老公比较节俭觉得这里的烟太贵,而且她们在中国过完春节朋友送了好多烟,刚好自己也要抽所以就都带过来了,他们这是第一次带烟过来,现在是悔不当初啊。他们来的时候带着小孩,然后有一部分烟是朋友到机场送机的时候用礼盒包装好的,所以直接跟小宝宝的东西放在一个手提袋里。当时海关工作人员有说他们特意放在宝宝的包包里当掩护。

昨天收到HMRC发来的信。因为我们的法律知识都相当的薄弱,真的没办法帮到他们。她老公是永久居留,她本人是结婚签证,
最主要是担心会不会对接下来的续签造成麻烦还有会不会有什么犯罪记录对今后有影响什么的,具体会罚款是多少,会不会是个天文数字,反正是各种担心,他们现在整夜都睡不着觉,真的很可怜
我也只能安慰说没事,因为真的不知道。他们有想说需不需要请律师,请各位ggmm们帮忙哦,万分感谢!!!

信的内容比较长,是这样的:
We are enquiring into your customs duty/Import VAT/Excise Duty affairs and have reason to believe that conduct involving dishonesty may have occurred in relation to your EU/UK Customs obligations.
You may wish to show this letter to your adviser, if you have one.

I enclose Public Notice 300 in respect of Customs Duty and Import VAT and Public Notice 160 in respect of Excise duty for your benefit. These detail the procedures we use in this type of enquiry.
They also explain your rights and I advise you please read them carefully.
The matters that are subject to this enquiry are your involvement in the smuggling, or attempted smuggling, of tobacco and/or alcohol products into the UK that have not had the appropriate duty paid on them.
This enqurey will be conducted with a view to the recovery, where appropriate, of any duty/tax arrears and interest. If there is sufficient evidence of dishonest conduct, the imposition of a Civil Evasion Penalty will be
considered under Section25(1) of Finance Act 2003 for the evasion of Customs duty and Import VAT; and under Section8(1) of Finance Act 1994 for theevasion of Excise duty.
This enquiry will not be conducted with a view to a criminal investigation leading to prosecution in relation to the matters subect to this enquiry.
No decision has yet been made on whether there has been dishonest conduct. We will keep an open mind that there may be an innocent explanation for the suspected irregularities. If our suspicions of dishonest conduct are confirmed, we will consider the issuing of civil evasion penalties which can be up to 100% of the duty evaded, or attempted to be evaded.

You do not have to cooperate with this enquiry; the extent to which you cooperate or not is entirely a matter for you. Your rights are also protected under the Human Rights Act; I have enclosed factsheet
CC/FS9 which explains your rights; please read it carefully.

Should you ddecide to co-operate with this enquiry you will have the opportunity to significantly reduce any penalties that may become due. This can be achieved by promptly making a full disclosure by providing full details of your involvement in the (attempted) smuggling of alcohol and/or tabacco products into the UK between periods 28/02/2013 to 25/09/2014.

Further reductions in any penalties can also be achieved by continuing to cooperate throughout the investigation. For example by promptly replaying to correspondence, answering our questions, providing any requested paperwork, or attending meetings where requested by either you or us.
How you may earn a reduction in the size of any penalty is more fully explained in the enclosed Public Notice 300 at section 3 and Public Notice 160 at sections 2.3 and 2.3.1.

I f you are willing to co-operate with this enquiry and prefer to deal with the matter by correspondence, we are happy to do so. If this is the case, please provide the following information within 30 days of the date of this letter;

A copy of this letter(copy enclosed) signed and dated by you, as acknowledgment that you have read the Factsheet CC/FS9, Public Notice 160 and Public Notice 300 and understand their contents. If you have any questions regarding any of these, please contact me on the above number.
Confirmation of who was involved in the smuggling(attempt)
For each person involved, please confirm exactly what they did.
For each person involved,please confirm why they did it.
A full explanation as to how the smuggling(attempt) was carried out.
Confirmation as how many times and when(the dates)alcohol and tobacco products were smuggled(or attempts made to smuggle them) into the Uk.
For each occasion please confirm the quantity.
Any documentation you consider will support the information you are providing.
Any other information/explanations you consider may be of use to this enquiry.

You should be fully aware that if you do co-operate with this enquiry, we may use what you say, or any information you provide, in assessing your liability to duty/tax or to a penalty or in any Tribunal proceedings. Furthermore, you should be aware that we expect you to be honest. If you make a statement that you know to be untrue or provide us with a document that you know to be untrue, it may render you liable to criminal prosecutioon for the submission of that false statement or document.
Although you do not have to co-operate with this enquiry, failure to do so will be reflected in the size of any penalty that may become applicable.
If you would prefer that I deal directly with your adviser please complete the attached form ___ return it to me at the address.
If you would prefer to telephone me to discuss the contents of this letter, please contact me on…
If there is anything about your health or personal circumstances …that I can help you in the most appropriate way.

If I do not hear from you or your adviser within 30 days of the date of this letter, I shall assume that you do not wish to cooperate with this process and will continue my own investigation.
:slight_smile:

这些事情不用惊动律师老人家吧。。。
只有好好填表,如实说明情况,说明初犯不懂法律。还有如果当时他们的烟没有使用明显隐藏手段,比如说放衣服里裹着,伪装或者其他手段。还是会坦白从宽的。
这个对签证没影响

你这个情况现在调查阶段,一般来讲他们已经基本上确认你们的所谓违反食品进口法的行为了,但是调查的是具体怎么判罚。

虽然也是岛国,英国不像澳大利亚或者新西兰有非常严格的隔离制度,有些食物比如水果蔬菜等还是可以在2公斤以内以自用的前提带入英国, 见 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/bringing-food-products-into-the-uk

你现在需要证明的是尽量在违规的食物里面找和上面这个表的交集,然后证明说是自用。至于香烟不知道他们没收没有,如果没有销毁,是可以交关税然后取走的,这样可能就不会处罚了。

建议也看看这个,https://www.gov.uk/personal-food-plant-and-animal-product-imports, 下拉找food from outside of EU

谢谢,谢谢
能不能拿回来倒是其次,主要怕对他们有影响,寻思着要不要请律师,主要是他们自己不懂请律师又怕人家随便糊弄你

我觉得他们不可能不知道携带香烟有要求,还有肉制品的,估计就想着带着孩子侥幸吧,人家不傻的,填表写的一定诚恳点

谢谢你,

当时就是用装茶叶的袋子密封了,然后有两份朋友送的礼物包装好的很漂亮那种里面也是烟,不过他们事先并不知情,而且放在小手提袋里,当时工作人员就说故意伪装成小孩的东西,
这样会不会有麻烦?

谢谢,他们就想碰运气,因为他们很少回国,而且这里也买不到他喜欢的那种烟,所以就想着顺便带过来。

请问你觉得要怎样说会比较诚恳一点,因为我们英文都不好,本来说起来都不是很流利了,要想体现出那种诚恳,真的很难。:L

还真的不好解释。就说从来没有拿过烟,家里老人听说英国烟贵,想着孩子省钱,就放在孩子包里,要是真想偷偷带,就包好多层在箱子底下藏了

首先签证不会受影响,因为一方已经是pr,所以不会太难为女方的签证。

罚款不会很多,东西可以拿去销毁,至于你说的那个拿茶叶的袋子包装我没有听懂,是烟叶吗?如果是可能就涉嫌故意隐瞒了。

不是烟叶,是平时茶叶的那种大的压缩袋,真空包装袋,但是他们当时好像没有真空,只是用那个大袋子装了几条烟然后封起来。

我这次牛肉干被查了。。但是最后还是给我,让我走了。

有一朋友去年8月份入境被查处带烟,今年4月突然来了信让你叫罚款!!

很久以前,一个朋友带了10条,拿了行李一看,检查很严格,人家直接推进厕所,然后扔了。这是什么气魄,敢带就敢扔。

两年前我们过海关也被抓过,也是香烟和肉质品火腿鸡爪什么的,情况和你描述的一样。我当时也是配偶签,去年已经顺利永居了,所以不用担心

不是说第一次只是警告么?怎么也要处罚?

麻烦问下,HMRC有发信给你么,也像这样的信,万分感谢

装可怜,不知者无罪,东西收了就收了,别想着要回来了,罚款也可能必须交,但是应该不会有案底啥的

他们在机场时候给了那种小册子就是哪些不能带的册子,然后回家几天后好像也收到我们先前签字的文件的copy件还有一份警告信。但是没有你这种信。估计两年前没现在这么严。后面我们就什么事情都没做事情就结束了。话说那天查看行李箱的人超级野蛮,我们密码箱不是急忙中忘记密码告诉他打不开,他就拿超大的那种钳子把行李箱直接破坏。最后查完了丢给我们几个黑色垃圾袋。因为密码箱关不上了。事后本想投诉它们要求赔行李箱,随后一想是我们有错在先。
所以,如果不可避免你的亲戚被罚款,那就乖乖交罚款吧,至于怕影响后面永久居留,那倒不会。(当时他也拿走我们护照做了记录的)

10条有点多了!我5月底回来也带了4条托运的!全被没收了!他们应该不会还给我寄信要罚款吧:’(

谢谢谢谢