我要买的房子隔壁是空房子,我应该买吗?

Hi

I am in process of buying a 3 bed detached house in Kent, the agreed price is over £400,000. The mortgage has been approved, but I realised one side of neighbour is an empty house, it is also detached house. During the initial viewing, I did feel this neighbour’s garden is overgrown, and building looks quite outdated, but I did not know it is empty. I am only aware when the seller revealed that the next door neighbour has been empty since 2004, on property information form, via solicitors.

This neighbour house is detached house, there are curtains behind all of windows and doors, there is a car parking on drive way. It looks the owner may park it there to give an impression that someone is living inside. The owner is living in Cornwall.

The house is in good schools and sought after area, but I am starting to doubt if I should go ahead to purchase it.

So far, I do not know the reasons why this house has been empties, and what is the current owner’s intention will be. The seller did write a letter to neighbour’s owner in 2004, expressed concerns about state of this property and suggested the empty house owner to do something about, about 6 of nearby neighbours also had signed the letter. But it seems nothing has been done. I am worrying that this house will be left empty indefinitely.

Abandoned homes can attract squatters. it’s easy for vandals to come along and break the doors or windows. Once this happens, animals can move in – along with mold and rot. Empty properties are not only unsightly and unattractive, they seriously reduce the value of adjoining properties. I saw some articles on internet suggest the empty house can wipe up to 34 per cent off the prices of nearby properties.

I am very confused now. Do you want to live next door to an empty house?

My options:

(1) Should I pull out?

(2) Should I negotiate a reduction in price with the seller? and by how much in percentages term is fair value?

(3) If I purchase, will I have a problem to let it out to tenants?

Any suggestion please.

thank you

如果自住,旁边有那么大的“凶”房,总会使人心里不舒服。。。一般买房自住都会看邻居,例如邻居是很大的某些不正常的宗教信仰群体,例如邻居可能是一家好几个孩子的政府帮租房等,都会影响生活水平。

是的, 有这空房子的邻居, 我心里不踏实,才来请教名位。谢谢!

楼主能写这么多,应该是心里有主意了,上来只不过是让大家对他心里的决定决定有个认同而已

独栋的还好一些吧,外观上看起来是不是特别“凶宅”?你该去八卦一下以前里面发生了啥。。。
这让我想起我看过的一个空房,进去就瘆的慌,所有植物都死光了还都是荆棘模样,中介说前屋主挂在里面,吓得我赶紧跑~

不过anyway这是你隔壁,不是你房,你可以再看看你对这个房子有多喜欢 然后讲讲价

我很矛盾,这房子我很喜欢,但隔壁这空房让我很担心,第一次碰到这种情况,上来请教各位。

独栋的还行吧,独栋间距大吗?

如果是我,不买。在英国买房邻居很重要的,长期无人照看的房子肯定会影响区域的价值。

不买 或者得搞清楚为什么空着

多走访一下周围邻居,套套情况,大家都会观察到一些细节的

好恐怖的感觉,没人气的房子阴气重

没人倒是问题不大的,只要隔壁的植物没有长到你的花园里面。而且时间长了,一直没有人吵你,你也就习惯了。
至于是不是凶宅,你要是很介意,那就找个专业的看看,毕竟找到个称心的房子也不容易,从头再来一遍也费时费力。

Thank you everyone replies. I have decided and pull out.

万一你的邻居是吉普赛squatter 的话