有没有人被premium messaging service收过高昂的费用

孩子手机是PAYG的那种,充完值后几天就没余额了,service provider是THREE,我联系客服,他们说给premium messaging service发了几个sms,可是孩子根本就没发,这是怎么回事?

1赞

可能就是用payg 上网,被收费了吧?

给她搞个contract 吧。

contact只包括一般的电话短信上网,如果premium messaging service还是会照样收费的。

这种收费应该是你subscribe了他们的service,但孩子连短信都很少发的那种,平时家和学校两点一线,其他时候都不带手机。

肯定你孩子发收费短信了 这个不可能无缘故出来的

1赞

她同学用过她手机?

虽然看了孩子的短信记录没啥可疑的,估计可能是顺手删了不记得了

估计不会,手机这么私人的东西

算了,还以为three乱搞,他们直接给我收费第三方的客服邮件,让我咨询那边。估计他们也被经常连累了

还是要找客服问清孩子什么时候给什么人发短信的,省的再次发生

1赞

发完短信删 了呗,然后装无辜,把他手机收回来2周看看还有没有乱收费的
现在的小孩,鬼的很

1赞

可以跟three要itemlised bill,里面会有详细的信息。

1赞

智能手机只要一打开mobile network, £10可以几分钟就用完。如果不想买contract sim, 可以使用data limit去管制mobile network.

1赞

哈哈,也有可能,但现在没有什么证据,也可能孩子自己忘了。

我现在想知道是不是真subscribe了什么service,那样的话还是会继续收费的

不是流量收费,客服说是给66299 一个叫oxygen8的公司发了几个信息,那种premium的,一个信息就有2~5镑

主要孩子都没印象,一个也可能忘了,好几个怎么会都忘了

2赞

Just wondered if anyone else had come across this quite interesting scam on Three sim 4G routers - and maybe raise some awareness so other users can keep an eye out.

So basically a company called Getfitcoach.co.uk (apparently Cyprus based and now defunct) had managed to sign my router’s number up, so that I was receiving a text from 66299 that cost me £4:50 a month (which Three happily billed on because…well…Three). This was brokered via another company called Oxygen8 Communications Ltd in the UK.

Apparently this is a well known scam, they exploit a system loop hole and use a default pin to sign up any mobile number to a premium texting service without the owners knowledge. It even has it’s own consumer group:

66299 - Payforit Sucks

66299 There are a number of “services” using this shortcode. Most complaints relate to a company called F.T.O. Fitness Tools Online Ltd, based in Cyprus and a “service” called getfitcoach . We discovered that this company was operating an insecure signup system which could result in numbers…

payforitsucks.co.uk payforitsucks.co.uk

Plenty of people are reporting the number on who-called.co.uk:

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/66299

A routers SMS inbox is quite buried in the settings and the odd spam message is not unusual. But these texts are set-up to not indicate any charging:

"Your PIN is xxxx. Please enter it on the site now. If you did not request this please ignore this message. Powered by LevelVerify

"66299
For instant personal fitness coaching to transform strength and fitness visit www.getfitcoach.co.uk. Help? email [email protected] or call 0208 0899319

Three’s response was to contact getfitcoach who I emailed, I was phoned back with a blocked number and offered a refund via a post office texting service. I insisted on a cheque (as I don’t want another text from these guys!), which they refused. They also refused to give me details of the end company they were working on behalf of, or how they got my routers number.

To be honest I’m not that worried about the money but it’s the principle of the thing. If I could be scammed so casually, how many people who don’t even realise their 4G router receive SMS are being defrauded right now? If Three and Oxygen8 are fully aware that 66299 and pay for it are being used for fraud, wouldn’t they be complicit in this fraud if they continue to leave the number unblocked?

Three’s currently going through one of it’s periodic full system omni-shambles, so are not contactable other then occasional tweeting.

2赞

刚才在这个网上也看到了,我也更觉得是流氓公司搞得鬼

我也觉得Three有问题,不然怎么那么痛快把oxygen8的客服联系方式给我了,不过发了信也没人理。不光是three,其他的service provider也有类似问题,最保险的只能换个新号码,不然同样号码还是会被继续收费的,幸好及时止损,没有额外再加credits。

不是心疼那些钱,就是觉得莫名其妙的,如果不搞明白,做点什么,这流氓公司会欺骗更多人

换个供应商,用Vodafone 或者EE