房客要起诉我,请大家给点意见呢。。

犯了错求拍,路过的大大们请指点指点,如何度过这个难关。

事情是这样的,我瞒着父亲把他闲置的公寓出租给一对意大利两公婆,我们没有签署正式合同,只是邮件里确认了是rolling contract,并且是以lodger的名义且房租我要求他们付的现金。他们和邻居因为垃圾分类问题闹矛盾(还有其他的问题但垃圾是导火索),我于是给他们4周通知搬走。对方现在就一直说要起诉我,然后要我赔偿押金。

我是违法违规在先,但是对方并不知道我的详细信息(只有电话号码和邮件),也没有正式的合同。这种情况下我可以直接换锁,把他们东西放到屋外吗?我自己的其他出租屋都有按程序走并且正规报税的,这个小公寓真的是一时贪省事比市场低价放出去的,想着房子空着也是空着赚点零花钱,没想到碰到石头了。。

Compensation for failure to protect my tenancy deposit
Section 213 of the Housing Act 2004 required that you protected my deposit with a
government-backed scheme within 30 days of the payment of my deposit.
You failed to protect my deposit with a government-backed scheme.
You failed to protect my deposit within 30 days of the payment of my deposit.
You failed to give me the necessary information about the tenancy deposit scheme
you used within 30 days of the payment of my deposit.
You informed me that you moved £100 pounds of my deposit after I move, making
fake allegations that the closet was damage. I did not receive any inventory about
the flat or a reference number from the deposit scheme and you put on my informal
tenancy agreement the value of £589 of the deposit (Already discounted).
Section 214 of the Housing Act 2004 provides that where the court is satisfied that
you failed to comply with your obligations under the law relating to tenancy deposit
protection it must order that you pay me one to three times the amount of the
deposit paid.
Settlement
I am open to reasonable offers about compensation to settle this matter to avoid
the costs of going to court.
If I do not hear from you or we are unable to come to a reasonable agreement by the
date after I leave the flat, I will issue court proceedings in the county court without
further notice.
I reserve the right to include a claim for interest on the unreturned deposit.
I will also be asking for an order to cover my costs. I will be relying on court rules for
pre-action conduct that say you may have to pay more in costs if you ignore this
letter.

Reply: I look forward to receiving the court paperwork of this matter. I cannot wait for any longer. Do it today. Please!

你不能动他们东西,违法。不过你似乎也不太在意违法不违法。

1赞

你转账对方的押金给他。让他有空去告吧。

如果对方真的告了,你再self represent,大不了赔偿呗。 也不是啥大事,也不会影响你信用。

这事一般都不了了之。你房客拿到押金,唠叨几天就完了。

押金没有存在政府托管的账户里?好像最坏就是罚款三倍的押金

1赞

理论上lodger押金不用交给第三方,所以要看lz和对方签的 lodger agreement是否被认为有效吧

不要留下任何文字证据可以指证你明知故犯,装糊涂,不知道deposit要放到一个protection scheme去。甚至可以发个邮件给tenant,假惺惺道个歉说你不清楚这个事,而且你们之间的协议是口头协议没落实文件。通常租客因为这个问题把你搞到法庭就是吃撑了。最坏的结果无非是三倍罚金。但凡你装个糊涂,说是你不了解规定,最多也就是让你退还全额押金(租客要求的话),或者让你纠错,把押金放入某个scheme。没事别惹事,遇事别怕事。去court hearing也不是多大个事。别继续错上加错,如果强行驱离,你更没理了。没办法,英国就是很保护租客非常反房东的。息事宁人吧我觉得,别太纠结小钱,把这大佛请走是正事。

顺便抱怨一句, 我遇到的意大利人确实很多比较龌龊,没有过好印象

Lodger 没有tenant的权利, 好像lodger的押金不用放dps的。你Google查一下,我记得lodger权利可少了。

他这不是lodger吧 。 lodger是跟房主share啊

租lodger不需要把deposit放到第三方;即使你不住在房子里,只有有一个房间你没有给他们,你可以把这间房间是成是你自己的。这样更能体现他们是lodger,而不是tenant。只要能体现他们是lodger,你就不用怕;让他们折腾去吧。关键一定要有证据表明他们是lodger,屋子里还有你自己的一个房间。

好的呢谢谢亲