想去看看他的墓碑

John 对我很好,他是我遇见的最好的一个英国人,很多年了一直想去看看。请问怎么跟他的遗孀说我想去看看他的墓碑?是要献花么?英文怎么表述比较适合?
谢谢大家

pay tribute …. Yes
Clean tomb(扫墓) …… not sure
Shag tomb(上坟) …… not recommended

2赞

Shag tomb?! are you serious?

I hope this message finds you well during what I understand to be an incredibly challenging time.

I am writing to you with a deeply personal request. As someone who cared deeply for [Name], I have been reflecting on our memories together and the profound impact [he/she] had on my life. I find myself yearning to pay my respects and spend some quiet moments at [Name]'s grave to honor [his/her] memory and find a sense of closure.

However, I am also acutely aware that this request may bring up a range of emotions for you. Your feelings are of paramount importance to me, and I want to approach this situation with the utmost sensitivity and respect for your grieving process.

With that in mind, I wanted to ask for your permission to visit [Name]'s grave. I believe that it would provide me with a meaningful opportunity to express my love and gratitude for [him/her], but I completely understand if you are not comfortable with the idea. Your comfort and well-being are my top priorities, and I would never want to do anything that would cause you further distress.

If you are open to the idea, I would be honored to accompany you during the visit or to coordinate a time that works best for you. Please know that I am here to support you in any way you need, whether that involves joining you at the grave or providing you with space and understanding.

Thank you for considering my request, and please know that I am sending you all of my love and support during this difficult time.

With heartfelt sympathy,

3赞

谢谢!

信达雅 起码占了俩吧

1赞

你可以在他坟头放个香炉点上香,给他烧点元宝和纸钱。

chatgpt 3.5免费版已经很好用了。

1赞

使用GPT写的信过于漂亮,有时候没有人情味,不过你可以特别要求

ChatGPT

Dear Mrs. John,

I hope this message finds you in good spirits despite the sad times. I am writing with a heavy heart to express my deep sadness upon hearing the news of Mr. John’s passing. He was a great help to me when I needed it the most, and for that, I am forever grateful. His kindness and support have left a lasting impact on my life, and I wish to honor his memory in a special way.

I would like to pay my respects by visiting his final resting place with some flowers as a small token of my appreciation for all that he has done. Could you please share with me where the graveyard is located so I can do this?

Thank you very much for your help, and please accept my sincerest condolences during this difficult time.

Warm regards,

[Your Name]

that looks too spohiscated, use simple english

ChatGPT

Dear Mrs. John,

Hello. I am sad Mr. John gone. He help me much. I thank him lots. I want say goodbye with flowers. Where he sleep now? Please tell.

Thank you. Sorry for your loss.

[Your Name]

1赞